Job Title: Service Technician
Service Technician Job Purpose
Provides exceptional vehicle servicing and repair by using latest diagnostic technology and techniques to identify vehicle issues. Completes repairs in the time allotted while keeping to dealer, brand, and company standards, and delivers vehicles to customers or service advisors on schedule.
Service Technician Job Duties
- Performs diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs on many types of vehicles while maintaining company and industry standards and adhering to time constraints
- Tests vehicle repairs and communicates issues to service manager; conduct additional repair work as advised by managers or advisors
- Uses manufacturer diagnostic equipment to ensure diagnostics, testing, and repairs are thorough and of the highest quality
- Maintains a working knowledge of a diverse number of motor vehicles and works to enhance and improve that knowledge with new vehicle models and new industry standards, practices, and technologies
- Replaces parts and components and keep detailed, organised records of all repair work done on each vehicle
- Keeps work area clean, neat, and to company standards, primarily to ensure the safety of all team members
- Communicates with service managers about parts ordered, parts required, and timeliness of order completion
- Advises on other issues vehicles display, including common issues vehicles of specific makes and ages, develop, and offers timelines for future vehicle repair needs.
Service Technician Skills and Qualifications
Technical Apprenticeship Preferred, Knowledge of Mechanics, Knowledge of Electrical Systems, Dealership Experience, Customer Service Skills, Experience With Used Vehicles, Detail-Oriented, Strong Organisation, Strong Communication Skills, UK Driver's License, Creative Problem-Solving, Troubleshooting, Vehicle Diagnostics.
For more details and an informal chat, please call 01440 710004